It was a well understood myth that only Android 2.2 Froyo was capable enough to handle Flash 10.1. But now as the story unfolds, you can install Flash 10.1 onto your Android 2.1 Eclair powered handsets without any issues. The absence of a JIT compiler and other Froyo goodies might cause some performance issues, but in the end you will be able to surf Flash enabled websites without any problems.
Here is the step by step guide on how to get Flash 10.1 on your Android 2.1 Eclair geared phone:
- The first step is to download flash_for_21.zip to your computer and extract the .apk file.
- Now navigate to the market and install “Apps Installer” utility to your phone.
- Now connect your Android phone to the computer and copy .apk file to your SD card. Make sure that it is in SD card root and not in a sub folder.
- After this launch “Apps Installer” on your phone and follow the on screen instructions to install flash_for_21.apk file.
- After installation is complete, simply reboot your phone and there you go! You now have Flash 10.1 on your phone.
This method has been tested and confirmed operational for Google Nexus One, Droid Eris and HTC EVO 4G on stock Android 2.1 Eclair.